Wednesday 30 April 2014

Everyday Neutral Makeup Look

I wouldn't be a good blogger if I didn't let you in to the secret of what my everyday makeup consists of, so this is what I'm attempting today. 'Attempting', because I cannot do pictures because 
1. My camera has decided to run out of batteries and they take 24 hours to re-charge, and
2. I have hay fever, which means my nose is probably as red as Rudolph's.
So for this post, there will be no pictures. However I'll leave the links below so you can go and check out the many items I am going to tell you about. 


I first apply a small splodge of Barry M Flawless Matte Finish Oil Free Foundation, and I tend to put this around my under eye, and my T Zone, and anywhere i have a spot, just so they'res a base layer when it comes to applying the concealer. 

I then apply my concealer. At the moment, I'm using the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer instead of my collection one, because its getting a bit warmer, and i find that it makes my skin look a little too cakey, where as this one is much lighter and easier to apply, and has a tint of shimmer to make it look more natural. I put this underneath my eyes, on any spots or pimples, and on any discolourations that may have occurred onto my face, and blend.
I will then add my Rimmel Stay Matte Powder all over my face to make sure nothing is shiny or... non-mattey. 

Next, I add my Rimmel Cream Blush, which i couldn't find a link for because I have no clue where it's from, and its quite old, so I've copied a more modern version here. I find that cream blush stays on a lot longer than powder, especially in the warmer weathers. Plus its easy to apply, which is quite a large bonus. 

After the powder being dragged all over your face, I often find that my eyelashes look around the same colour as my skin. So before i apply my Collection 2000 Longer Lashes mascara (which I don't think they sell anymore- sorry!), i curl my lashes to make them longer and more bold.

This next step is 100% optional, but i sometimes find that it adds much more definition to your eyes. So this is the point where i tend to use my Collection 2000 Eye Shadow Trio (which again, they no longer sell), and this was just 3 basic colours to help beginners achieve a smokey eye, so all you need is just 2 neutral shades, one darker than the other. (I WILL be doing a tutorial on trying a smokey eye, so keep a look out!)

As my eyebrows are very light naturally, you can't really tell if they've faded during the powder process or not, so I tend to leave those and move straight onto the lips. I either use Burts Bee's lip balm, or my Baby Lips in the flavour Peach Kiss, which is quite a light, pleasant colour and taste:)

So that is my 'Everyday Makeup Look' with half of the products listed (Sorry if I couldn't link them!) Hope you enjoyed, and I'll write again soon! Byeee!


TQ xo

No comments:

Post a Comment